Japanese boxes

imageThis¬†quilt had been a UFO (unfinished object) for many years. Having started it about eight years ago I’ve finally finished. The pattern is from EuroJapanLinks¬†and the top was made using English paper piecing. The coloured fabrics are a mixture of charm packs, scraps Paul had bought back from Japan, and favourite fabrics from my stash.

Having lost the binding I had originally made some years ago, I ended up salvaging enough of the thick blue fabric from the back and existing border to make some more. I think the narrower border and binding is really effective.


Liberty log cabin

This is a continuous log cabin quilt made from a scrap pack of Liberty fabrics. I like the final result but if I were to make it again I’d use a cream rather than white background and maybe jettison some more of the prints.

In fact the quilt ended up smaller than I’d intended as I grew to loathe one of the prints more and more as the quilt went on, until I realised that I would hate the quilt if it ended up in the final version. So now I’m left with about twelve unfinished blocks which I plan to unpick and reuse some day.